After putting a lighter wash on the roof shingles, I finished painting the lining panels for the upstairs bedroom. I fussed for a bit with getting a good fit, then hot glued the panels in place.
I’m pleased with the little blanket I made for Ludwig’s nook bed. The blanket is made from tiny crocheted squares that are then crocheted or sewn together. Like most of my projects, it’s not difficult if you don’t mind fiddly crafts.
As I let Ludwig look around his new bedroom for ideas of what to make next, I realized that stone fireplaces and cast iron stoves probably don’t belong upstairs in log cabins – the floor would buckle under the weight. I may return to a previous plan of putting a bookshelf in that alcove. The stove will go downstairs with a new fireplace.
Ludwig’s bedroom is now ready to fill with soft furnishings and accessories. I may paint the window frames. I may not. It looks like a tedious task and I’m ready to get started decorating the downstairs room, which will be Ludwig’s asparagus shop.